Subconscious Mind and the Networks of Change
The Internet-of-the-Mind Blog is about the role of our subconscious mind in constructing our world in ways that best suits our internal functioning and how YOU can change your internal functioning, at the biological level, in order to bring more serenity and success to your life.
Neural networks are the actual biological location of change. Change does not take place without re-configuring existing neural connections or creating entirely new connections. The Internet-of-the-Mind is a metaphor for the “software” of our brain – neural networks…embedded in networks…embedded in networks… and so on. Just as software programs on a computer can be upgraded, so too can these internal networks of the subconscious mind.
As you explore these pages you will learn how at the core of most every human success or problem lies the neural networks of our subconscious mind. Armed with this information you can make lasting changes in any and every area of your life. Perhaps the information here will also demystify and explain why the so-called “Law of Attraction” works so well. The secret is in the power of the subconscious mind.
The Big Picture
One look at our external world demonstrates how the subconscious mind has reflected itself in our surroundings and the systems in which we operate. For example, have you ever noticed these external networks…embedded in networks…embedded in networks… and so on.
- We grow up in a network called family
- Our family exists in a network called a neighborhood
- Our neighborhood exists in a network called community
- Our communities exist in networks called counties
- Our counties exist in networks called states/provinces
- Our states/provinces exist in a network called country
- Our Countries exists a global network called the world
- Our world exists in a network of planets called our solar system
- Our solar system exists in a network of solar systems called galaxy
- Our galaxy exists in a network of galaxies called the Universe
Even more examples of networks embedded in our lives…
- We are connected to various networks of people we call friends, classmates, coworkers, colleagues, organizations, etc.
- We do Business with networks of customers, subscribers, and vendors.
- We communicate through networks of telephones and the Internet – a network of websites each consisting of networks of web pages, email lists, newsletters – and let’s not forget the network we call the “grapevine”.
- Corporations are merging into networks called conglomerates.
- Companies cannot operate without networks called departments which cannot operate without a network of employees.
- Energy is distributed through networks called power grids.
- We travel on networks of highways and through networks of airports.
- And none of these external networks can be changed without internal adjustments being made in someone’s neural networks – often called thinking “outside the box”.
Networks of the Subconscious Mind
That’s not all — Even the synapses of our neural networks consist of networks of neurochemicals…each consisting of a network of molecules… each consisting of a network of atoms…each consisting of a network of protons and electrons revolving around a nucleus.
It appears to me that God constructed life itself in an incredibly intricate network of biological, psychological, social, and environmental networks…embedded in networks…embedded in networks.
Our Internet-of-the-mind Blog is a network of resources… tips, tools, and information about the neural networks of the subconscious mind, personal growth, counseling, and therapy. It’s a place you can come to find specific information, help, and self-help materials focused on your topic of interest…
Subconscious Mind Resources
If the situation that brought you here is urgent we hope you find what you need quickly. Otherwise, take a look around — you may enjoy finding yourself discovering something new! Below is a list of some of our most popular resources for “rewiring” the neural networks of your subconscious mind…
THAW – Freedom from Frozen Feelings is a book about the emotional wounds of abandonment, shame, and contempt created by growing up in a less-than-nurturing family. If you like this website, you will love this book! If you can relate to the Iceberg Model, or help people who can relate, THAW – Freedom from Frozen Feelings is a “must have”.
The book outlines the wounding process experienced by those who were raised in alcoholic and other less-than-nurturing family; how those emotional wounds show up in various personal and interpersonal problems in adulthood. An innovative, easy to understand, integrated model of recovery from alcoholism, addiction, codependency, enabling relationships, Adult/Child Syndrome and other manifestations of emotional abandonment.
Thawing Adult Child Syndrome, is a “here-and-now” focused, systematic approach for identifying and healing the subconscious programming or “Life Script” of one who grew up in a less-than-nurturing family. If you have found yourself repeating dysfunctional patterns that have caused problems in your life and relationships — and then wonder “Why do I do that?”
Thawing Adult/Child Syndrome is geared toward surfacing the underlying patterns of behavior and limiting beliefs that keep us stuck in alcoholism, codependency, unproductive relationships, the original wounds of abandonment, shame, and contempt, and how our subconscious mind adapted to the unique circumstances of our childhood by creating survival skills that now interfere with healthy coping. Thawing Adult-Child Syndrome and other Codependent Patterns focuses in on the “here-and-now” symptoms of dysfunction in our adult life and relationships.
Thawing Childhood Abandonment Issues is an “Inner Child” focused, step-by-step approach for grieving abandonment issues and healing the unfinished business of childhood. Since the wounds of unmet childhood needs are emotional in nature, recovery from these wounds needs a healing process emotional in nature.
This book contains an interactive workbook integrating over 60 Audio programs that are designed to help release blocked emotions and resolve childhood grief & loss issues. (The Audios and lessons are included in the online course. Audios are also sold separately, email Don at [email protected] for more information)
- STOP living life in reaction
- START living life on life’s terms – proactively
- STOP doing your pain in advance
- START letting go of worries, anxieties, and fears
- STOP re-experiencing painful emotional themes
- START healing emotional triggers
Thawing Toxic Relationships is number fourof a four part series entitled Thawing the Iceberg. The Thawing the Iceberg Series is designed to address various issues outlined in the author’s bestselling book, Thaw – Freedom from Frozen feelings. The next two books in the Series are: Thawing Adult/Child Syndrome and Thawing Childhood Abandonment Issues.
Thawing Toxic Relationships is a book about healing and co-creating healthy, functional relationships for those who grew up in a dysfunctional family such as one that included alcoholism, addiction, and/or codependency. If you relate to Don Carter’s Iceberg Model, would like to have a genuinely happy and functional relationship then this book is for you! Building healthy relationships, a skill that eludes most people who have been raised in a less-than-nurturing family, is the ultimate objective for Thawing Toxic Relationships.
Get In Touch Anytime!
Contact Don and Angie Carter by clicking the Contact Us button at the top or bottom of any page. Click the button below to signup for Internet of the Mind on Substack. You will receive email notices whenever a new post, podcast, webinar, or other resource is released.