Subconscious Mind and the Networks of Change
Home » Subconscious Mind »
The Internet-of-the-Mind Blog is about the role of our subconscious mind in constructing our world in ways that best suits our internal functioning and how YOU can change your internal functioning, at the biological level, in order to bring more serenity and success to your life.
Neural networks are the actual biological location of change. Change does not take place without re-configuring existing neural connections or creating entirely new connections. The Internet-of-the-Mind is a metaphor for the “software” of our brain – neural networks…embedded in networks…embedded in networks… and so on. Just as software programs on a computer can be upgraded, so too can these internal networks of the subconscious mind.
As you explore these pages you will learn how at the core of most every human success or problem lies the neural networks of our subconscious mind. Armed with this information you can make lasting changes in any and every area of your life. Perhaps the information here will also demystify and explain why the so-called “Law of Attraction” works so well. The secret is in the power of the subconscious mind.
The Big Picture
One look at our external world demonstrates how the subconscious mind has reflected itself in our surroundings and the systems in which we operate. For example, have you ever noticed these external networks…embedded in networks…embedded in networks… and so on.
- We grow up in a network called family
- Our family exists in a network called a neighborhood
- Our neighborhood exists in a network called community
- Our communities exist in networks called counties
- Our counties exist in networks called states/provinces
- Our states/provinces exist in a network called country
- Our Countries exists a global network called the world
- Our world exists in a network of planets called our solar system
- Our solar system exists in a network of solar systems called galaxy
- Our galaxy exists in a network of galaxies called the Universe
Even more examples of networks embedded in our lives…
- We are connected to various networks of people we call friends, classmates, coworkers, colleagues, organizations, etc.
- We do Business with networks of customers, subscribers, and vendors.
- We communicate through networks of telephones and the Internet – a network of websites each consisting of networks of web pages, email lists, newsletters – and let’s not forget the network we call the “grapevine”.
- Corporations are merging into networks called conglomerates.
- Companies cannot operate without networks called departments which cannot operate without a network of employees.
- Energy is distributed through networks called power grids.
- We travel on networks of highways and through networks of airports.
- And none of these external networks can be changed without internal adjustments being made in someone’s neural networks – often called thinking “outside the box”.
Networks of the Subconscious Mind
That’s not all — Even the synapses of our neural networks consist of networks of neurochemicals…each consisting of a network of molecules… each consisting of a network of atoms…each consisting of a network of protons and electrons revolving around a nucleus.
It appears to me that God constructed life itself in an incredibly intricate network of biological, psychological, social, and environmental networks…embedded in networks…embedded in networks.
Our Internet-of-the-mind Blog is a network of resources… tips, tools, and information about the neural networks of the subconscious mind, personal growth, counseling, and therapy. It’s a place you can come to find specific information, help, and self-help materials focused on your topic of interest…
We have been so grateful for thoughtful visitors who have emailed us in support of what we are trying to do. It is what keeps us going… below are some examples of those emails (Names and identifying information withheld for confidentiality purposes)
Subconscious Mind Resources
If the situation that brought you here is urgent we hope you find what you need quickly. Otherwise, take a look around — you may enjoy finding yourself discovering something new! Below is a list of some of our most popular resources for “rewiring” the neural networks of your subconscious mind…
THAW – Freedom from Frozen Feelings , is a book about the emotional wounds of abandonment, shame, and contempt created by growing up in a less-than-nurturing family. If you like this website, you will love this book! If you can relate to the Iceberg Model, or help people who can relate, THAW – Freedom from Frozen Feelings is a “must have”.
Thawing Adult Child Syndrome, is a “here-and-now” focused, systematic approach for identifying and healing the subconscious programming or “Life Script” of one who grew up in a less-than-nurturing family. If you have found yourself repeating dysfunctional patterns that have caused problems in your life and relationships — and then wonder “Why do I do that?”
Thawing Childhood Abandonment Issues is an “Inner Child” focused, step-by-step approach for grieving abandonment issues and healing the unfinished business of childhood. Since the wounds of unmet childhood needs are emotional in nature, recovery from these wounds needs a healing process emotional in nature.
Thawing Your Relationships, revised and renamed, is a book about healing and co-creating healthy, functional relationships for those who grew up in a dysfunctional family. If you relate to this website and would like to have a genuinely happy and functional relationship then this book is for you!